In a country like India, with a population of 1.1 billion people and 41% of the world’s poor, the urgent spiritual and physical needs are overwhelming. The challenges of this complex society are vast—with a myriad of languages, religions, castes, and people groups. In light of these challenges, we have found it necessary to focus our efforts in India on the North Indian Ganges plains region (including the mega-cities of Delhi and Kolkota) and the Indian Himalayas. These regions of India are plagued by vast lostness—with less than 0.5% professing to be evangelical Christians—and suffers from persecution of Christians by Hindu nationalists and militant Muslims.
What will change in India?
Because of your sacrificial giving, we are directing $1.1 million to meet spiritual and physical needs in India. As a result:
- 1,050 mother/child units will have access to food, medical care, and the gospel
- 40,000 people will have access to clean water
- Over 150 villages will be engaged by local church planters
- 2 million people will have access to an audio New Testament in their own language
- 7 million people will have access to oral Bible stories in their own languages
- Thousands of national believers will be trained to share their faith and make disciples
- Hundreds of national church leaders will be equipped with theological training
- Dozens of church planters will be trained to plant healthy churches
Pray for India
As a faith family, we ask you to pray for North India:
- Pray that the families who will now have access to water and other basic necessities will see the gospel through these tangible demonstrations.
- Pray for the church planters who will be sent out to start new churches.
- Ask God to work in the hearts of those in the villages where the church planters will minister.
- Pray for God to use His Word to change the lives of many who previously did not have access to Scripture.